Subject: [Leica] IMG: Ear Cleaning SONNY!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 10:14:38 -0700

Sonny Carter POINTED OUT;
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG: Ear Cleaning

> Ok, if you want to speak of distraction, my reasoning for the color was
> that the color of the arms (same as the hat and column left) draw your
> attention to his hands, while, in the black and white, my eye is transfixed
> on the checkerboard pattern to the lower right.  The BW would be improved
> to crop past that, in my ever so humble opinion, and then I would agree
> with those other voters, including the good Doctor.   ;-)

Hi Sonny,
Quite correct mon ami!:-) I believe my attention was truly transfixed on the
"ear cleaning action" and brilliant colour. Not the in-depth of the over all
image when seeing it in B&W.

After your comment I immediately went B&W and your description was "smack
right in my face!" :-) Thank you.

Which I believe we should all take extra care when jumping rather too
quickly in our assessments between same image, but between B&W or colour?

Thanks for the heads-up Sonny for your lesson learned on my part this day!

More care in the future when editing colour & B&W content when assessed
rather too quickly! :-(

My OOPS!

cheers,
Dr ted :-)