Subject: [Leica] Leica 's April 24th announcement - place your bets!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2014 01:28:17 -0500

Its compact 1.5 crop cameras are almost to small now to handle. They don't
need to be made smaller.

- it decisively in the beginning said it would never work below full frame.
The first digital M was supposed to be a full frame camera. Leica very
reluctally made the M8 a crop format  when they could not get a sensor with
the technology in time to face in at the edges for the wides. It now does.
No more cropped M's.