Subject: [Leica] IMG: Al Khazna
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 08:40:02 -0500

Hi, Phillipe -

I don't ever shoot jpegs.  These are CR2 - Canon Raw files - converted to
DNG in LR.  All digital files, but especially Canon, look plasticky to me
compared to film.  I've been experimenting with some free software Perfect
Effects 8, that enhances the local contrast.  Maybe that's what you are
seeing?  I tried reprocessing the original file using Alien Skin Exposure 3
set for Kodachrome to add a little grain and maybe remove the plastic look:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/154700543

What do you think?

Thanks,

Tina

PS:  This was my second trip to Petra.  The first time I went was in 1991
when I was waiting for my visa to get into Iraq.  Things had not changed at
all in 2005 and I think I even photographed some of the same camels.  I'm
sure Petra would be perfectly safe but getting there might be a problem!!