Subject: [Leica] An article about professional/serious photographer using Micro Four Thirds for magazine covers
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 09:39:55 -0500

I'd be kind and copy and paste the whole article in this post but you'd miss
out on all the photos, and there are a bunch.

https://medium.com/people-gadgets/bbae2adcadc6

It starts like this:

Ever since the camera was, first really discovered and then later invented
it?s been a process of great evolution but never really deviating from it?s
most basic design???kind of like a drill???it still works the same way it
did when it was invented, but a drill you get today is a lot more useful
than one made in the 1920s. The principles of light that make a camera
possible were discovered as least as far back as the ancient Greeks who
found that if you poked a hole in the wall of a dark room, whatever?s
outside would be projected on the opposite wall. It wasn't terribly useful
because you could always open a window and see what was out there much more
clearly (and not upside down), but it was the discovery that got people
thinking ?how can we make a record of what?s projected on this wall??
Eventually in the 1800s Niepce and Daguerre figured out how to record these
images chemically but the cameras were slow and they were huge and during
the American Civil War if you were a photographer you needed to travel
around in a wagon full of junk just to make photos. Cameras kept getting
smaller and by the 1940s they were pretty portable, and by the 1950s they
were very portable and this is probably where the modern ?photo gadget age?
began. Essentially, what you?re carrying around today is what they were
carrying around then???one big exception being that there?s no film. Another
of the really big differences is that the extra stuff has really, really
gotten better. There are all sorts of lenses and lights and attachments that
didn't exist in the 1950s that are available today. So you basically have a
camera, and then you start needing all this stuff because each little bit of
stuff gives you more options when you're out in the field. And eventually,
you're traveling with maybe 30 pounds of gear when you go on the road. And
that?s what I typically do, I'm a nomadic photographer, I get on an
airplane, I go somewhere where I may or may not have someone helping me, but
more often than not, whatever I pack in is what I'm carrying with me all the
time.

the rest of the article, and some micro four thirds photos here:

https://medium.com/people-gadgets/bbae2adcadc6

Replies: Reply from jwlee01 at gmail.com (John Lee) ([Leica] An article about professional/serious photographer using Micro Four Thirds for magazine covers)