Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Laurel (gmail))
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 13:46:17 -0800
References: <CF2BB9E0.185C5%mark@rabinergroup.com> <5321466E-C881-40C2-AB08-4C66A30B3654@gmail.com> <CAFfkXxsWcCic2qhJegHpoerEnFh1ZB7zm6_47qHdVhUkn9hGww@mail.gmail.com> <2B9DDEAB-D9F4-4E7F-B0CD-663F5090D7D7@gmail.com> <3F24E644-A878-4172-AF84-EEEDBBAF40DC@gmail.com> <1F81C9A1-127D-466E-BA2E-DBD3A9E9F883@gmail.com> <FE5E005E-0ED3-405D-ABAE-20D035F8AD35@gmail.com> <CAE3QcF4KERPt8rUy5+xhoSBFcnzRJ_ET7MZT8SiGHYxbb7xfTw@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxtU_bRL4G6kT5nzj00P_Fe12O+jA95bHr5gD7iKj9ch3w@mail.gmail.com>

Thank you for doing this quick test, Sonny. Looks like the CV 15mm Heliar
has same issue as with the M9 and M240, only much worse. The M240 with the
lens set to the 21mm Elmarit shows far less magenta in the corners. That's,
of course, easy to correct with CornerFix or LR Flat Field, but the more
worrisome thing is how soft the edges are with both lenses. I have the
Heliar and the Elmarit 21mm ASPH and while the Heliar does exhibit some
minor magenta shift on the edges, at least the edges are sharp. And of
course, on the M240, the Elmarit is perfect. I am surprised to see that much
color shift with your pre-asph Elmarit 21 on the A7, though.

I suspect that you would not have these color shifts or edge sharpness
falloff with SLR lenses adapted to the A7. It would be interesting to see
how a 24mm or 19mm Elmarit R would perform. I have been playing with the
24mm Elmarit R on the M240 with the Leica adapter and it works perfectly.

Thanks again for taking the time to demo this... Very informative.

--Jim

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R)
Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R)