Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:55:44 -0500

I came into the photo game after they put in the click stops so I hadn't
done much shooting at f 2.7 or f9 or 101st of a second.!
Things were pretty much rounded off for me! I'd have a had a hard time
getting my head around  f9. Did it exist?
When the A & P  settings got put in camera bodies  in I think the early 80's
I did use these and any odd settings as that's what the A settings on my
cameras gave me.  Though you could not see it in any metadata you could
remember they were there!!
In a way of thinking it was an added level of precision which I thought was
pretty cool! Of a sky needed 101st of a second that's what it got!
Not some measly 100th just so the thing would go click!

Is a one percent level of precision something I should NOT be worried about?
Sure! But I'll take it if they're handing it to me.  And all those 1% levels
of precision on the myriad areas of camerawork add up I should think.

The major thing about auto settings is really about loosing less shots as
you've got your eye more on the subject than needle or led's or controll
knobs. Your not constantly trying to maintain your exposure you just know
its there!

--
Mark William Rabiner
Photographer