Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:54:10 -0500

A very compact but very high image producing camera is a  core value which
Leica should own. It invented it. Leica should be all over it. Mop the floor
with it.
Instead they are worried about undercutting its own metal munching seven US
grand monster M. which weights within an once of its company braking M5.

With the eyes of the serious photo shooting world  on very serious very
compact full frame cameras. Yet Leica thinks its going to tantalize us with
a 1.5 crop. The reason being its having way too much fun cranking out metal
munching seven grand M specials. I think its  darned shame.
In a few short years the full frame compact market will be dominated by
Zeiss and Nikon and Sony and who knows and Leica will be a late comer. Into
what rightfully should be its own ball game from the get go.
Leica should OWN IT.