Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 07:02:25 -0800
References: <CAH1UNJ3rpUAt8xxnMJdNGC9L_ncq8-ogF2Z1s_xSyqh9yHtR6Q@mail.gmail.com> <1442780B-17BA-4304-953A-58140190E65F@icloud.com> <CAFfkXxtG=Bn6-6KZKazX04TjwgLAeLOW77JZCWEoXSEB97DpJg@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh6T-GGohk5c8+wO+TZkFo6SM+h0UpJswVyN3booNh3FVA@mail.gmail.com> <CAFfkXxs=W_0Ps1tUiKRjjdj0yFQXkJwuPOMQu1QiDbZr7X6+hA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ3Pgh4Gtzd3MfbwwoMk-Ab9rMbGQq8X+AXL=dEMRySgHO9yPw@mail.gmail.com> <CA+=0raAyiYtXckFvLTO99ONA_mv=tH1cO59H=g-jgVCBkFmUCg@mail.gmail.com>

If AF focus is done at working aperture, there is no lens focus shift
apparent to the user or the camera system....  Therefore there is no review
stating there is focus shift...

Try the lens on MF, with focusing done wide open, then you would see the
focus shift....   Since these reviewers all want to see the extent of the AF
capabilities, they will not perform the test that gives you the un-corrected
(MF) result...

It is a pretty awesome strategy.... although I still contend that there is
an issue about DOF and precise focusing...  how big it is, is still TBD.....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at verizon.net