Subject: [Leica] OT - Sony Alpha 7R
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 07:43:14 -0600

The A7r is not earth-shattering.   It does a nice job shooting my Leica M
lenses, Leica R lenses, Nikon F lenses, and of course the native 35 Zeiss
makes real purty pitchurs.

The camera is sturdy, fairly easy to handle even with my big paws.  I like
the folding screen and live view.  It comes to hand real nice.  I've been
shooting it since the new year, and almost everything you've seen posted is
from that camera.

I read Sean's stuff, back when he was a regular guy, not an expert you had
to pay to read, and sometimes I agreed with him and sometimes not.  In the
case of corner sharpness, as it applies to my work, well, it rarely does.
Almost everything I do is cropped in some fashion, and even if it isn't,
I'm not wanting you searching out the corners to see how sharp they are.

 At any rate I was pretty happy with shots from my Summilux and the 35
T*.    I even put my Leica 21 that Mark hates on it and played with it.  It
was OK.

In the foregoing graph, I said I was pretty happy with the Zeiss T*.
Actually, I think this camera and this lens were born for each other.

When I get the swing of them, I think it will feel like I felt with my M7
and 35mm Summicron.   That, my pals, was awesome.

Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/
Natchitoches, Louisiana