Subject: [Leica] "Chance of snow flurries"
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 09:53:43 -0500

As a onetime Seattleite, I'd say this one was worth waiting for. Brings back
memories of the winter of '89, when I got to use my Chevy Blazer to push a
Honda (!) up a snowy, icy street in our slopeside Federal Way neighborhood
overlooking Poverty Bay.

Here's what we NW Ohioans were looking at by 0730 this a.m. Still coming
down. This is the snowiest winter here in anyone's memory. The snow on the
column is 15" deep, 3 of which came overnight on top of about 10 from
earlier in the week and 2 left over from January's total of 40".
(Significant rain fell several times in January and the month ended with not
much remaining.) The average January snowfall in the Toledo area is I
believe 17", and this January brought not only more snow than we usually see
in an entire year, but also I believe the all-time record for heaviest total
snowfall for any month. (Quick iPhone grab shot out the front door.)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hlritter/0730_+8+Feb+2014.jpg.html

?howard