Subject: [Leica] Shoot B&W film again?
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 02:32:24 -0500

I think Tri-X, Tmax 400, and HP5 are all great 400 films. I have gotten
magnificent results with each. If you want to use D-76, Tri-X gives the
nicest tonality. Develop it in D-76 1+1. Tmax 400 works well in D-76 1+1.
I don't like HP5 in D-76. I develop it in PMK Pyro or Rodinal.

I would not use such old chemicals. I'm sure a bunch of guys here will
chime in to tell me how wrong I am. Ignore them. You may get lucky, but
these chemicals are so damned cheap it is just not worth using old stuff
and ruining your film. You do want the photos to come out, yes? Just go
buy some new D-76 and Rapid Fix. Hypo clear is a waste of time and money
with film; they do not absorb fixer like papers do. Wash them in running
water for 10 minutes, and they'll be archival. Your old Photo-Flo may be
fine, it doesn't go bad like developers and fixers can.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook