Subject: [Leica] drought in California, Folsom Lake at 15 %
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 17:56:05 -0800

That really looks terrible (not your pictures; they document the situation
well :-)).

Here in South West BC we have had hardly any rain since last spring, and
it's worrisome. Usually we have trouble finding a single dry, clear day in
any month from November through March. This year we've had one day of a few
cm of snow and hardly any rain; at the moment we are just breaking a record
of 16 days with no rainfall in January. The local mountain here on Vancouver
Island has just thrown in the towel on this year's ski season. If we get a
lot of snow on the mountain (rain and fairly cold down here) they might open
again, but the odds aren't good. Reservoirs are low, and we depend on them
being overflowing by March and April to get us through the summer, which
rarely has much rain.

Today was again sunny and about 10?, and it certainly won't freeze tonight.

Henning