Subject: [Leica] IMG: Perestroika, 2014
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 00:24:52 -0800

I am cleaning up and reorganizing my Man-Cave, otherwise known as my
den.  After 14 years of piling stuff up, it was time.  Note that this is
a gen-you-wine Leica photograph, taken with a bona fide Leica M8 body
and an authentic Leica 35/1.4 Aspffffffftheric lens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/11960567184/

Marvel at the spectacle of chaos and entropy glacially coalescing into
order. Note the cleverly balanced compositional elements of the scalene
triangle formed by the red dictionary on my computer table, the orange
"Magnum Degrees" book on the left and the four yellow Kodachrome boxes
on the right (the latter placed on my desk several years ago in
prescient anticipation of this moment).   Note also the profusion of
ancient switch boxes, modems, serial cables and SCSI stuff, the sad
digital detritus of passing time, scattered like mammoth bones in a
Neanderthal cave dwelling, evoking the swift obsolescence of the
Information Age. We won't even mention the piles of paper.

When I emerge from this epic struggle, dusty but victorious, I shall see
table surfaces again!  Some things shall go to the recycle bin, others
to the trash, still others to the waiting maws of stackable plastic
storage bins and drawers, part of the eternal cosmic cycle of of birth,
death, decay and rebirth.

Yeah. That's it.

--Peter
(Hey, I posted a photo, didn't I?)