Subject: [Leica] IMG: Perestroika, 2014
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 13:48:35 -0800

Thanks, everyone!  Steve, I'm honored.

Tina:  It's not that you have a bigger mess than I do, it's that you
have a wider lens.  :-)  Here are three more overlapping 35mm-equivalent
shots that show the situation a bit more clearly. These start where
yesterday's picture left off, each picture rotating to the right (I
don't have panorama software yet):

Here's original picture I posted yesterday:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1009736.jpg.html
And continuing the "panorama" with the E-M5 and 35mm equivalent (Panny
kit zoom):
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P1150194.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P1150195.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/P1150196.jpg.html

This is after a couple of week's work, it was worse when I started!
Those relatively inexpensive stackable plastic bins and drawer units you
see in the last picture are a godsend.

And simultaneously, we are cleaning out our attic of my late mother's
"tchotchkes" (pronounced CHOCH-kes, meaning trinkets, brick-a-brac,
souvenirs and the like). Plus antiques, some of which are still antiques
and some of which are now considered junk.  All this stuff was never
unpacked after my folks moved from their house in Massachusetts to
smaller senior housing here. There were 30 (yes, thirty) boxes of the
stuff. We're down to the last 3 boxes. This shot was taken about halfway
through the repacking of the last batch of stuff that will go to an
auction house. There were at least 6 batches prior to this.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1009739.jpg.html

It's exhausting, not only from the physical work, but because each
object evokes a memory that must be dealt with. Then we have to decide:
Discard, sell, give away, keep?

We WILL get our space back eventually.

--Peter