Subject: [Leica] The Real Cost of Leicas
From: alal at poly.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 12:41:35 -0500

In general, most questions like this one are answered by referring to the
rate of inflation.  However, I prefer to use an alternative measure when
assessing the true cost of  hobby or luxury item: the ratio of the  price
paid for the item to the median value of a house/apartment in your
city/country at the time of purchase.

I ask Luggers to run their numbers and report back to the group. If you
haven't tried this before, the numbers will surprise you.