Subject: [Leica] Expensive software
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 15:56:27 +1000

Larry this has been common practice by a lot of companies for a long time
in various markets.
 Another tool used by some companies is geo-blocking (via ISP) which
prevents customers from shopping in other world zones. Some people use
Virtual Private Networks or forwarding companies or foreign credit cards to
try to circumvent this.

As I mentioned in my first reply its no longer relevant with Adobe products
delivered by subscription.
Another irritating practice just starting here is the use of a local branch
of a BIG shopping site for ordering. This adds no benefit for the consumer
but does mean the local Goods & Services Tax (10%) is added to the item
cost and the shipping charge.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman