Subject: [Leica] Old computer story
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 19:08:14 -0800

We lived in Lowell, closed to the Wang Lab headquarter. Unfortunately Fred
Wang wanted to be and probably more suited to be a teacher instead of a
CEO, and the company fortune dropped to zero in just a few years. I learned
to program on a DEC-10 KL10 model but never did get to see the magnetic
core. I think they only decommissioned it finally just a few years ago.
Among the notable features (like 9 bit bytes and 36 bit words) is the JIFY
instruction.