Subject: [Leica] Old computer story
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:53:08 -0500

I learned to program in high school on a Wang 2200T. It a very modern
machine and had a CRT, keyboard, 8? floppy dive, impact printer and card
reader. We had to share it between about 12 of us in the first computer
science class taught in that high school. When I got to university
(Waterloo), I had to learn to use a card punch and share 300 baud terminals
with a few hundred of my fellow classmates. That was a culture shock! :)

I will always remember Wang Computers with fondness.

Regards,
Spencer

Message from kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner) ([Leica] Old computer story)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Old computer story)