Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 22:08:19 -0800

Steve Barbour

steve.barbour at gmail.com

On Nov 18, 2013, at 9:39 PM, Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Why do we want to have contests? Can't we all just agree that all these
> lenses are  state of the art and exceptional, and difference, if at all,
> will be marginal and inconsequential in real world shooting? All I wanted
> to highlight when I posted the original mail that there is one more
> excellent lens available!

why indeed ?...especially since , in principle, one could take the world's
greatest picture with a coke bottle...

is this the world's greatest lens,  a compensation for lack of access, lack
of luck, a lack of expertise, knowledge, reflexes....so having

the lens will make up for the absence of other things, any of them or all...?

if you have the money, you can be a great photographer, your lens can
conquer all....

Steve