Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lily pads from Bodnant Gardens
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 07:51:35 +0000

Some trivia about Bodnant (my brother is one of the trustees of the estate).
The estate gave the gardens to the National Trust, but for some time
afterwards the head gardner would still only take instruction from the
house, not the NT.
The study in the house (which is still privately owned) has a view from the
desk, through a large window, of Mount Snowdon framed by an avenue of trees,
planted for the purpose.
It is a fabulous place and a short trip from my daughter's home, so we have
visited several times.
FD