Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 06:54:30 +1000

Hi Paul. This is an interesting remark. I haven't shot with my M wider than
my 35 thus far...since I broke it and am waiting to get it back. The new
firmware has included some new adjustments to the corrections for the wides
amongst the improvements.
Can you (or Henning or anyone) expand on that reasoning regarding
optimisation for the R lenses? I would have guessed (and it is only my
guess) that the M (wider) lenses were the harder to correct for? My
personal speculation is that the ability to adapt the R lenses was
primarily a happy collateral benefit. That is to say, an adapter was
possible and workable with the new viewing capabilities and the additional
menu options/profiles for the R lenses were not too taxing .

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

I think I also read that the M 240 microlenses are not as "wide angle" as

Replies: Reply from roark.paul at gmail.com (Paul Roark) ([Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7)
Message from scottgregory at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7)
Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Leica lenses on Sony A7)