Subject: [Leica] Eyes
From: leesonpj at gmail.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 14:04:51 -0500

Tina:

The issue with aging eyes is the loss of elasticity of the lens, making it
more of a ?fixed focus.?
This is overcome to some extent by progressive bifocals, which have a
graduated correction as opposed to 2 or 3 fixed ones.
The newer ?digital? lenses have expanded the horizontal FOV quite a bit,
making it much easier to see through a viewfinder, or read a page.
The Walter Rx looks like it?s primary function is to correct an astigmatism,
which is also done in the eyeglasses.
Of, course, adding all these fancy features really runs up the cost
?$400-600 for the lenses alone.

HTH,
Phil