Subject: [Leica] FW:Re: 50 Summilux
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 03:16:44 +0000
References: <20131028224852.60DE053C182@barracuda.rutabaga.org> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9D0D6FF69@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org> <CA+yJO1AxDG1ZASuxbs2zx8Hrur-NO4mZBuWo7mPSdCN2YFp2Rg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH1UNJ19dAw41py4xAsZWh8M6k5P=G57P=LWVmJqJribaSnfag@mail.gmail.com> <80F9701439F20347874CE5E4E03C22E9D0D71BB5@WhizzMAIL01.whizz.org>, <CAH1UNJ3+3M_NFnhWt0QmHXg51NTUaWA9wv8=wA_FoSacq_UMPg@mail.gmail.com>

The lenses are not equivalent IMO, there is more to that than just
sharpness, and the interface is far worse than Leica. Then starting to carry
multiple systems, chargers etc to use the Leica lenses as designed....

I could sell any one of a number of lenses and buy the entire Fuji range but
have no interest ;-)

john

Save money? Get equivalent lenses inexpensively? Less weight? Better
low light capabilities (key for Tina)? The list can go on - the
million dollar question is - do you want to buy equipment to fit the
job at the least cost or not? Tina is a professional, unlike all of
us. Rules change in that sphere - most pros I know (and I know quite a
few very, very well) are very practical about equipment, not
sentimental.
Cheers
Jayanand

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] FW:Re: 50 Summilux)