Subject: [Leica] FW:Re: 50 Summilux
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 23:00:25 +0000

A DR Summicron like that works well on the M (240) in the close range :-)

What are the reasons for looking for something other than the Noctilux?
Anything other than the Noctilux asph will be smaller/lighter but the DR and
pre-asph Summilux give a look more like the f1.0 Noctilux than the Summilux
asph does.....

john

Tina:
I also have a Dual-Range Summicron. I sent it to DAG, who ground off the
close-focus cam (the one used with the "eyes." I think it cost $80.  So now
it fits on my M8 and should fit on any other digital M.  I sold the eyes..
So now I have a lens I can use on my digital M instead of a lens I can only
use when I shoot film, which I don't.

For a while I thought it was wrong to defile such an elegant mechanical
object. Then I decided: Lenses are to be used.  Food for thought.

Peter
Tina wrote:
Yes, the Noctilux is my only practical 50.  I have a Summicron that has the
eyes, but I don't think that fits on anything current.  I probably use my

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] FW:Re: 50 Summilux)