Subject: [Leica] FW:Re: 50 Summilux
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:48:49 -0800

Tina:?
I also have a Dual-Range Summicron. I sent it to DAG, who ground off the
close-focus cam (the one used with the "eyes." I think it cost $80.? So now
it fits on my M8 and should fit on any other digital M.? I sold the eyes..?
So now I have a lens I can use on my digital M instead of a lens I can only
use when I shoot film, which I don't.

For a while I thought it was wrong to defile such an elegant mechanical
object. Then I decided: Lenses are to be used.? Food for thought.?

Tina wrote:
Yes, the Noctilux is my only practical 50.? I have a Summicron that has the
eyes, but I don't think that fits on anything current.? I probably use my

Peter, from my phone with tiny keys

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] FW:Re: 50 Summilux)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] FW:Re: 50 Summilux)