Subject: [Leica] LR5 problem
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:35:50 +1000

And I never reformat mine  after the initial time unless using them in a
different camera (and in camera only)  I always read them from a  card
reader. The only exception would be one used to install new Firmware for
example. Some of mine have probably been in ten cameras. After honourable
retirement due to insufficient GB capacity they move on into P&S units.
30,000+ digital images later I never lost a file doing it that way either.
My SD cards only tend to die of mechanical failure. That is to say damaging
the the weak card lock switch in careless handling.

I can also add that, after deleting the Leica files in camera, that is
exactly what you have done. The Sandisk pro recovery system finds nothing
to resuscitate ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman