Subject: [Leica] Was there a thread where some vintages of M8 batteries had "short life" on M9 cameras?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 06:08:36 +1000

Several threads or discussions, I think Vick.
Your battery may be near the end of its useful life?
You could try discharging it fully by shooting with it and then charge it
from there.
The colder conditions will certainly influence its performance.
The current M9 firmware is more battery quality sensitive in order to
reduce the likelihood of write fails too.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman