Subject: [Leica] OT. Nikon screen brightness and contrast
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 05:15:45 -0400

When photographers are portrayed in film and TV they never follow  though
with a consultant they really listen to and they get it all wrong.  The
consultant has to be in it from the start as they have to not put stuff in
the scrip the photog would not do or leave out what the photog would
certainly do and or say.
It almost seem like they want to get it wrong.
It doesn't just insult photographers it insult the audience.
Photogs are typically portrayed also as voyeuristic perverts who think their
camera is a gun or a symbol of their male phallic protuberance.
They get very confused..
Less than half of my photog friends are like that!

And the Blow UP guy would not do that in steps he'd just project the neg to
the other side of the studio and do it in one step.
Doing it in steps like that would be the last thing you'd want to do.

And the one step would be a better story.
I think the best stories are the true ones or ring true as they could be
true.. Stuff made up in comparison is very half assed.
If a thing says "based on true events" I'm 90% half won over from the get
go.