Subject: [Leica] S snapshots
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 21:42:15 +0000

With a few exceptions in one week, every colour shot I have posted for the
past +3 months is from the M (type 240). It may look similar to the M9 as
posted on screen but is much nicer to use and (if required) the images can
take more manipulation. The LV is sometimes useful (I will be posting some
taken using EVF and 90mm in this weeks PAW) but I usually use it with the
r/f and am 'happy' with the rear screen for most of what I shoot.

Downsides as seen so far? Colour balance can get unpredictable in artificial
light, the EVF is not accurate enough to focus a long lens (70/180) at ~50m
although I will revisit when the (hopefully) more precise Leica R adaptor is
available....

Not much else to say ;-)

john

On Sep 11, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:

> I don't bother talking about it on the list because there doesn't seem to
> be much overt interest and only a few in LUG hands thus far of course.

I seriously do not understand where these assumptions come from.

I'm certainly and overtly interested in all things digital M (8, 8.2, 9, MM,
M (240), R and S;
even X interests me.

Please! Post! Discuss!

Do not judge us by responses.
The fact that people may not respond
does not necessarily mean that we're not reading, looking and interested.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com