Subject: [Leica] S snapshots
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 22:05:01 +0000

Still nothing wider than 16mm from Leica, CV is the only game in town other
than the Zeiss ZM 15mm.

Not sure if the latter is still made, every example I have seen (I have been
looking) comes from the same batch of ~1000 serial numbers, it is better
than the CV but not as much so as the price difference implies ;-) Comes to
life with LV as it is remarkably difficult to guess close focus at f2.8...

ZM 15mm f2.8 -
http://johnmcmaster.com/PAW/2013/27/content/L3000765_large.html

CV 12mm f5.6 -
http://johnmcmaster.com/PAW/2013/27/content/L2003225_large.html

john

My recollection is that Cosina ultrawides piqued interest in people who
couldn't justify paying for a Leica ultrawide. I'm not sure I can justify
paying for a Cosina ultrawide; I just don't use them any more. I do remember
when digital was sort of a verboten subject on the LUG. These days, digital
is the norm on the LUG.

I'm glad that this group is still hanging in there, even if they don't
always use Leica. I quit the Pentax forum because (1) it often didn't
involve Pentax, and (2) it often didn't even involve photography. That's a
bad combination.

Jeffery

>>> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/152283510

Message from jsmith342 at gmail.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] S snapshots)