Subject: [Leica] Twilight Zone - Colorado Black Forest Fire Burn
From: dbirkey at hcjb.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 21:36:49 +0000

Yes the image I submitted was in color...   But small.... it looks like it
is B&W....    The burn area is like being in the twilight zone as in many
sections there is nothing growing at all...       If you didn't know the
context... you would think the photo was taken in winter time...    But
everything should be green...  and it's not...     So I tried to find a spot
that showed just a touch of green to show some new life...  My girls thought
many of the other images I shot were too depressing....

The mist... is actually dust....  being stirred up by the demolition of
someone's home...    I shot early morning... directly into the sun for more
drama....

I put up a BW image of the same shot in the folder to compare...   to me the
B&W could be anytime...  and it doesn't communicate the stark contrast of a
burn scar with new growth...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/dbirkey/DR_Ted/

Other color images from the burn scar are at:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/dbirkey/Colorado/

Thanks for looking!

Duane

Message: 29