Subject: [Leica] Dr Ted's Assignment - Reflections in a Car Window AM I TOO TOUGH? Dr. Ted? DUANE
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 16:09:19 -0700

Duane Birkey OFFERED: :-(
Subject: [Leica] Dr Ted's Assignment - Reflections in a Car Window

> Well this is not a shot I would probably take otherwise....  but was just
> following Dr. Ted's orders

> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/dbirkey/DR_Ted/DuaneBirkey20139193_lg.jpg.html

 Hi Duane,
Initial re-action!
"Go to administration office and pick-up your last cheque for a non-effort
assignment!":-(

I'm surprised that a photographer with your fine talents with a camera. Yep
and that's a firm compliment! That I suspect this shot was made like this?
You sitting in your car or van and think?

A/  "Damn I've got to do a reflection shot for the LUG."

B/ You grab camera hop out, see colourful object and some kind of reflection
and go click! Get back in car ! There done and over! You feel better???" :-)
I'm right? Right? :-)

I look at it and think "What the hell was he thinking?? Let alone was there
worth shooting?"

Really? Is this one of your all time best ten images you've ever taken?

This isn't personal, I'm re-acting just as a hard assed as I've had
Photo-editors treat me over the years ! And possibly me doing exactly what
you did. Or I assume it had about that amount of effort put into your
"ASSIGNMENT" shot. I have fallen into this kind of mood and had the howling
bejjjjjeeessuuuss hollered at me. So you are not alone!

Maybe I'm taking on too much of a hard nose re-action to the images with the
critiques?  But I'm looking at the comments to make suggestions for all of
us to sometimes,
 "JUST TAKE THAT EXTRA MOMENT?" And the photograph can be a winner nearly
everytime without to much thinking about it other than.. "OH jeesh look st
that "click" and it's a winer because a few extra-nano-seconds were expended
making the exposure.

Damn, your too good a photographer to submit this kind of nothing image! :-(

cheers,
Dr. ted  :-)

Better luck and a bit more effort next tie. Thank you.

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)