Subject: [Leica] Images of Yosemite Fire (Rim Fire)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 02:59:03 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Frank Filippone wrote:

>All of California is basically a desert.   Little rain, hot summers, lots of
>old small vegetation that has been very dry.  Perfect for wildfires....

That'a quite a generalization.  Last I heard the temperate rain forest of
the north coast is still part of the state.  But much of California is a
desert.

The park service is closing Tioga Road today from Crane Flat to Yosemite
Creek so fire crews won't be hindered by gawkers.  Tuolumne Meadows is still
open, access is from the east.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com