Subject: [Leica] IMG: A day in Marseille
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 21:40:40 +0100

Nathan,

I was taken with this one:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/marseille2013/content/20130802-_IGP7760_large.html

of Notre Dane de la Garde, the sailor's church. Although the crucifix and its
inscription are inspiring, I was takem by the two plaques on either side. The
one on the left is to those (I presume sailors) "Mort pour la Patrie" ("who
gave
their life for their country") and the one on the right a very inadequate
translation of which is "To all the shipwrecked mariners whose shroud is the
waves"

Thank you for showing

Peter