Subject: [Leica] IMG: Jammed
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 19:04:43 -0700

Hi Ted,

You are so absolutely right. Some years ago, I advised a friend to buy a
Nikon SLR which had aperture-preferred exposure control; it came out after
my purchase of a film Nikon SLR that didn't. I coveted her camera and was
most please when she decided that what really she needed was a small point
and shoot and sold that Nikon to me. However, very shortly after I bought it
back, I bought a used M6 TTL and never used the SLRs again. It was either
the Leica or a Yashica or Olympus P&S.

So, when I got the M9, I was immediately happy with aperture-preferred. I
did discover Auto-ISO last week (does the M8 have it?) and decided it could
be useful automation in the cases where I need to set and stay with a high
shutter speed. Then, I could pick an f-stop that's reasonable for the
situations and let Auto-ISO take care of exposure. Haven't run into such a
situation yet, but if I go to photograph a horse jumping competition, it
would be useful.

Herb

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org