Subject: [Leica] Auro USI
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:11:18 -0700

Sent from my iPhone
Steve Barbour

On Jul 28, 2013, at 8:58 PM, Herbert Kanner <kanner at acm.org> wrote:

I hope I'm not flogging a dead horse. I started using auto ISO on an
extended shoot this afternoon at a band concert. The auto ISO setting
decidedsettled for almost all situation to give me 1/30 sec over a range of
f stops. I was used, at a given ISO, where detailed depth of field control
was not a consideration, to just turn the aperture ring on the M9 until I
was happy with the shutter speed I saw in the viewfinder. Well, when I got
to photographing a couple dancing on the grass to the music, I realized this
was stupid, killed the Auto ISO, set the ISO at a reasonable value and ran
the aperture up to where the shutter would stop the motion.

I agree with your fundamental premise but what does "running the aperture up
to where the shutter would stop the motion" mean?  If you want to stop the
motion just set the duration of exposure accordingly...just sayin, to keep
it simple and avoid automation. Etc etc

You can just have too damn much automation. Look at the recent plane crash.
Auto throttle--UGH!

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204