Subject: [Leica] Auto ISO
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 07:21:11 +0200

Steve, I have used auto ISO exclusively ever since I got my M8, almost 5
years ago, on every camera. Usually in combination with exposure priority.
Since getting the Fuji X-Pro 1, I have switched to setting both aperture and
shutter speed and letting the ISO fall where it needs to be. The reason the
Fuji made me do this is that it has no facility for setting the slowest
shutter speed I will accept--it has its own default of 1/30 sec. or
something like that. My other cameras allow me to set this parameter, but
not the Fuji. Therefore, I started setting both. On a typical sunny day
walking around, I may have the lens at f5.6 or f8 and the shutter speed at
1/500. Works well. The one disadvantage on the Fuji is that the exposure
compensation does not work in manual mode.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain