Subject: [Leica] Printer Query
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 17:20:06 -0700

The Epson dyes appear to be surprisingly archival. When I got my Artisan 50
I put a print on a window sill that gets sun a good part of the day, covered
half of it, and left it for several weeks. There was no detectable fading.
Is that a fair test, or am I missing by a mill?

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204

On Jul 24, 2013, at 3:43 PM, Tina Manley <images at comporium.net> wrote:

> Yes, I agree about the 1430.  A great little printer.
>
> Tina
>

> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Paul Roark <roark.paul at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> The Epson 1430 can be had for close to that on sale or refurbished from
>> Epson with a new warranty.  (I think.)  For longevity stay with pigments,
>> but the Claria dyes are quite good, definitely not the old ones.  With
>> QuadToneRip dramatic B&W prints can also be made with it.
>>
>> See http://www.paulroark.com/BW-Info/ for my B&W printing information.
>>
>> Paul
>> www.PaulRoark.com
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM, Bill Clough <bill_clough at yahoo.com>