Subject: [Leica] Outlook Icon
From: fkh1950 at frontiernet.net (Fred Holzapfel)
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 14:42:47 -0500

Jim,
At some point there was an update that operating systems will highlight a
program icon on the task bar in ORANGE as it is opened.  Until you click on
that IKON and look at the program it has not completed its opening process.
This change started sometime in the past 6 months or so.   I suspect it may
have been a change in service packs that installed the change.   It has no
effect on the operation of the program.  It occurs in my version of Outlook
as well.   I use the full Outlook program.   This may only be a Microsoft
thing.   Can't say as I see it in other programs.   Old software can be
impacted by updates in the service packs even though they were not updated.
I guess, as you indicate, not much to worry about.   It's like the software
is saying "Here I am, click on me".   Once you do, it is happy.    As happy
as one of these things can be.

Fred Holzapfel, retired IS person.  Now playing at photography and other fun
stuff.

_ _ _ _ _  Jim Nichols wrote: _ _ _ _ _ _

My faithful old Dell desktop runs Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pack 3,
and I use Outlook Express as my primary mail program.  It has been in this
configuration since the machine was new.

For the last few days, when I turn on the computer and use the desktop icons
to start Outlook Express and Firefox, the Outlook Express block in the
Taskbar comes up ORANGE.  If I click on the block, to display the OE window,
it turns back to the normal blue color.  Everything else about the operation
seems to be the same as it has always been.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Have you found an explanation?

It just seems strange for the old software to change after all these years.

Jim Nichols

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Outlook Icon)