Subject: [Leica] Sony RX1R, now also the Sony A99
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 13:44:28 -0500

On Jun 30, 2013, at 11:35 PM, Robert Adler wrote:

> Careful what you wish for!
> http://alpa.ch/en/products/FPS/FPS_body/alpa_12_fps.html
>

> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:20 AM, George Lottermoser <imagist3 at
> mac.com>wrote:
>

>> On Jun 28, 2013, at 11:47 AM, Doug Herr wrote:
>>
>>> We're on the same page.  I've found my lens but the great sensor I've
>> attached to the back of it has a limited future and no upgrade path.  I'd
>> be very interested in a NEX 9r especially if OLED viewfinder technology
>> continues to improve.
>>
>> Absolutely!!!!!!
>> I want a modular system.
>> A system that allows me to put a PhaseOne Sensor back on to:
>> 1) Cambo Ultima
>> 2) A slim mount mechanical module to take M lenses
>> 3) A mirror module to take R lenses
>>
>> heaven help me

Yes. Alpa definitely comes closest to the dream;
yet remains essentially a tripod system;
and remains quite unaffordable
to most of us.

What we really need is Nikon, Canon, et al
to make bodies which will take "digital backs."
In that regard Leica had the correct idea with DMR.

It seems quite obvious that we all want this flexibility:
1) to hang various lenses on different bodies as appropriate.
2) to hang various backs on different bodies as appropriate.

We may not always need the exceptional quality of medium format;
or monochrome; or high ISO;
though we will always need our finest lenses.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com