Subject: [Leica] Leica or not to Leica
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 02:42:12 -0400 (EDT)

 Tina,

The LUG has over 2000 members. I suspect that fewer than 10% make their
living by photography and even fewer sell to stock agencies. Any of a score
of professional quality cameras will meet the criterion set by stock
agencies. Also, by definition, photos posted in the LUG Gallery ARE on the
web. You are speaking for a tiny minority of LUGGERs, Owning a Leica, and I
have several, is like owning a Rolex watch. It is nice to handle, provides
pride in ownershio, implies a certain degree of affluence, allies you with
James Bond, but is functionally equivalent to a $50 Timex.?

Lsrry Z

But we are not all photographing just for the web.? Try and get your
digital photos accepted by a stock agency.? Or printed as a large print.
Resolution matters.

Tina