Subject: [Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 12:09:51 -0700

I have to agree with the general tone of other posters. For now at least,
get a Fuji with normal and/or wide lens, and an adapter. Then, after a bit,
decided whether that combination does it for you or you want to look for an
M9. They're hardly cheap yet, but getting better.

I've tried the Fuji Pro-1, and like it although it doesn't really work like
an M, but it does work and produces really nice files. I know a number of
people here who have the Fujis and have also had or have Leicas, and the
consensus seems to be that the Fujis are the cameras that are closest in
operational intent and feel to Leicas. SLR's aren't. m4/3's aren't. I like
the Olympus OM-D, but for the most part it does the job of an SLR for me
(long lenses, zooms, macro) and the Leicas do the main stuff. I think the
Fuji's are the best alternate for that.

Henning