Subject: [Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 07:44:23 -0700

Doug,
What about your earlier suggestion to move to the Sony A900? Seems like a
viable alternative - except for the lack of auto aperture.
Howard

Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 21:00:53 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Leica] AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!
To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>

RicCarter wrote:

> Just suffered another shutter death on an M8
>
> Completely shitty day
>
> came home to find internet dead--service tomorrow maybe--running off
> iphone connection
>
> at complete loss as to what to do digitally for now

Having one R8 that has racked up tens of thousands of frequent flier miles
between Sacramento, Solms and Allendale in the last 6 months trying to fix
an erratic aperture stop-down mechanism while the other R8's light meter is
somewhat more predictably f***ed up and NO suitable replacement on the
horizon at any price, I understand your frustration.  Film is looking more
attractive every day - or selling the lot and saying to hell with
photography.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com