Subject: [Leica] Tuesday's Hummers - flash
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:09:54 +0530

Howard, you need a proper flash and a beamer (or Flash Xtender, whatever it
is called). As you are shooting off a tripod, it should present no problems
(I find it generally too fiddly to use hand held, though a lot of bird
photographers I know use it regularly) - generally for Nikon flash systems,
even with a beamer, dial in -1.7 stops on the flash to get nice fill on
birds (and leopards on trees!). This is the one I have, and it has worked
well the few times I have used it with a SB900 flash:

http://www.naturescapes.net/store/better-beamer-flash-extenders/

Buy the flash first, the beamers are generally flash specific.

Cheers
Jayanand