Subject: [Leica] FF sidewalk flower pot f 1/125 s at f/8.0 and be there
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 14:07:57 -0400

I think you'll find that most, make that pretty much all of the known
shooters if they're not at P they are most certainly at A.
A 35mm camera is all about speed... Shooting very fast.

Photography fortunately is not philosophy or theoretical physics.
Its tangible results. And those results are photographs which you can hold
in your hand or look at on the wall or a Bing or Google contact sheet
search. They are a matter of public record.
You really think when you see a shot of anything on the news or street
shooting you are looking at a photographer whose set the shutter speed and f
stop for that particular picture. And iso?
And my photographs and the photographs of the vast majority of shooters all
using various auto modes are matter of record. All you have to do is look at
them. And do to that you by contact sheet Binging  or Goggling them.

Shooting a camera  it in the foot by disabling its main features is only
smart a  vast non majority of the time...
Even when you're shooting a thing standing still you're in a fast moving
situation because YOU are fast moving.
If you're slow moving use a Rolleiflex or a view camera. At full manual.

Oh and its great John  turned off the auto ISO the minute he got his new
camera we'd not want to have him confused dealing with something new.