Subject: [Leica] D4 High ISO
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2013 00:17:56 -0400

Viable iso 64,000 results has been around for quite a few years now on
numerous full frame DSLR cameras from a half dozen different companies are
these results here any better? I cant tell the different between these and
what I've been getting daily or nightly on my five year old D700 for five
years now.
The D4 is a full pro level camera a year and a half old and even THAT is not
young on the digital time frame. Sensor technology advances I'm sure daily.
But again totally viable 64,000 has been with us for close to a decade.
The D4 is a FAST very durable camera but if one is into pixel peeping the
camera to get would surely be the D800. The D4 is all about getting in and
out fast with the shot.

What's news is that Viable iso 64,000 results is now an option with Leica M
using Leica M glass.
This is very exciting news. And I expect it to put quite  dent into the
expected level of street and photojournalistic and magazine photography;
putting Leica M glass and camera back into the hands of these people.