Subject: [Leica] a photographer sued
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:04:08 -0400

Some of those rice paper screens or just plain white shades make it so  you
cant see out but at night when you are in your lit room they don't even know
your screen is down. They see in your room in apparent perfect detail.
You are a living real time plasma screen for the world.
Its good to do a check and go out and look in to make sure your window
treatments are really as opaque as you think they are. Its not always
obvious.!  Set up a dummy or hire some talent from Central Casting.
In stagecraft they call these semi transparent curtains which you'd think
would be opaque  but are not "scrims".
And they use layers of them. With lights set up hitting from the front vs.
lights hitting from the back making for amazing 3d effects.