Subject: [Leica] Leica Mini M Specs Leaked and Photo
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 10:47:11 +0200 (CEST)
References: <CACi97qLASR6k6CsM1NfogDMDPWQ1tnp3GF3CjDrXaE4yDW7jRQ@mail.gmail.com> <01b601ce5c2c$3db2fda0$b918f8e0$@verizon.net> <559C9681-0F41-4E9B-96FB-BEAF2DF1F7FC@gmail.com> <5848C083-1460-41A2-83B3-C4C4BD581030@frozenlight.eu> <F23595F8-3BE0-4B1D-B0BF-9BEC3645292A@gmail.com> <CC5C2F99-434D-4550-AC23-A7FDE8D358B6@sfr.fr> <8E207AF9-8462-4613-BDA4-D66E2E6D9A22@frozenlight.eu> <D9ECB067-DDFF-44E1-BBC4-FC1734E7CDB4@gmail.com>

Jayanand, this is not aimed at French students, but at foreigners. French
universities look enviously across the Channel and the large number of
students from, not least, your country, that study there. They would of
course like to attract their share too, but language is a barrier, since
let's face it, not many people in India or other big potential sources of
students (including other EU countries) speak French. German universities
have long ago faced up to this and many offer entire courses in English.
So now the French universities want to follow suit.

A somewhat related tidbit: increasingly, academic articles in my
discipline (economics) are published in English, even in German or Italian
or French (!) journals. Paradoxically, this has lessened the dominance of
UK and US economists in recent years, because now academics from other
countries, who were obscure 30 years ago when they published papers only
in their local languages, now are accessible to a world-wide audience of
their peers. It's like Latin in the Middle Ages, except more democratic.

Cheers,
Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman