Subject: [Leica] Leica Mini-M [was Re: REASONS why Leica is so slow with M]
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 01:33:06 -0400

I agree Geoff Leica announces a milestone camera with a ton of innovations
and it comes out perfectly as advertized the day they say its going to with
no problems. That's news. That's man bites dog.
A delay? That's not even news. That's dog bites man.

As anyone whose followed Leica for more than a few years knows that even in
the old days when a huge shift of technology was not going on it it was
quite common for there to be some gremlins in the planning.
Loose Lugs is one of the more common reasons. Its the first one I think of.
That has happened at least twice before with two other cameras in my memory.
Not that its not ironic that with the much higher level of complexity the
cameras have now in the digital age with all the higher level quality
controll needed it a LUG again which stalls the boat. But it can happen and
it did. Reality is so much more fun than fiction.

But to someone who really has no intention of spending seven grand on a
camera in a million years a stall in a camera release  means the entire
camera company is not valid. It's making jewelry for billionaires.
Wow you're vindicated now! Keep shooting with your cropped Pentax!

As if if there was a camera in that box and it was offered to you at half
price you'd buy it.
As you're not going to spend 3.5 grand on a camera body either.
There's no auto focus is there? No ground glass...

On 5/25/13 12:56 AM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Richard the interest in the M Typ 240 here was not much different, I guess.
> I think we only have a couple of people who have received them thus far to
> share photos too. Heaven knows how long until the Mini M is in someone's
> hands.
>
> Different cultures between LUG and L Camera Forum too.
> On May 25, 2013 12:17 PM, "Richard Taylor" <r.s.taylor at comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
>> What amazes me most about the Leica announcement of the Mini M is the yawn
>> it seems to have received from the LUG.  I wouldn't say the LUF was
>> exactly
>> ablaze with excitement ...
>>
>> http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m9-forum/285598-mini-m.html
>>
>> ... but we're absolutely moribund about it.
>>
>> That is astonishing, if you think about it.
>>
>> Dick
>>

>> On May 24, 2013, at 9:35 PM, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>>
>>> It's not a rumour, George. It is up on the official site and their blog
>> as
>>> a teaser to increase interest I guess.
>>> I don't know that they are concerned with competing with FujiFilm though.
>>> Different market segments. I don't think that it will compete with the M
>>> Typ 240 either and for the same reason. Still I'm not a business manager.
>>> The new Leica has been in development for at least 3 years I believe.
>>>

>>> *Breathe in, breathe out, move on* -- Jimmy Buffett
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff