Subject: [Leica] New mysterious Leica compact
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 03:31:56 -0400

I'm going to guess that it is what you'd think I'd guess it is.
A full frame competition for the Sony Cyber-shot RX1 Full-Frame Advanced
Compact.
Instead of a hulking M240 out now a true Barnack Digital. Like a Leica screw
mount SM or thread mount LTM. Something pocketable or near pocketable. A
IIIF digital.
Maybe with interchangeable glass or it would just be the latest X. the X3.
However X3 is an alternative term for the number 13 .
Which happens to be my lucky number but not everyone feels that way.

And yes they'd sell a lot more of these priced lower and smaller than they
do M240s.
But they'd make a lot more money and I have sympathy for those who don't
have seven grand for a body. As I don't. And no green rabbits are coming out
of any hats

Would be great if my glass would fit on this now more humanely sized and
priced M as I still have my glass.
I figured this camera would came out the week after I sold my Leica glass.
Which is why I've held on to them.
And not traded them in for VR zooms or D600's or D800s or D4's.
My Leica glass is my Fortress of solitude instead of crystals its Asph Apo
gems with red dots.